SMOKED SALMON BREAKFAST WRAP
Traditional Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
Smoked Salmon used to be somewhat of a delicacy and a little bit of a mystery. Although smoked salmon originally comes from the Nordic countries, lox and bagels were not well known outside of the Jewish communities. But in the Northeast, especially New York, delis began serving Lox and Bagels as a “Sunday morning treat.”
Bagels became so amazingly popular, they quickly moved into the mainstream.
A traditional bagel with lox is always anchored with cream cheese, the smoked salmon and then the options open up. They are often a combination of these:
Since salmon has become one of the most popular fish dishes in America, smoked salmon has been riding its coattails. If I can get good quality smoked salmon in my rural southern town of 8,000 (2,000 of those are guests of the local penitentiary outside of town) then you KNOW it’s in the mainstream.
Since I can buy it whenever I want, I really enjoy using it in as many dishes as I can.
As much as I love the traditional bagel sandwich, I like would like to be able to have a little less bread and maybe a few more healthy whole foods. With the total redo and repurposing movement, I thought it might be fun to upscale the traditional bagel.
The Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich
In addition to the original ingredients, I have added a spinach/flax wrap, fresh spinach leaves, a little green onion for extra flavor. You could easily add avocado, tomato, bean sprouts or any other extras you like.
SMOKED SALMON BREAKFAST WRAP
Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap
- 12 ounces smoked salmon
- 3 Tbsp capers, divided use
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 Tbsp red onion small dice
- 3 green onions sliced thin, white and green parts
- ½ cup tomatoes chopped
- fresh spinach leaves
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced or chopped
- tortillas 8" size, tomato, spinach or any you desire (Extreme Wellness brand preferred)
- Mix the softened cream cheese with the sour cream until smooth. Add the green onion, half of the capers and a dash of hot sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare the egg and tomato, trim spinach leaves.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the tortillas, layer the spinach leaves on top, sprinkle with the red onion, egg, tomatoes, the rest of the capers and as much salmon as you like.
- Fold in the bottom and the top and roll tightly, sealing the edge with a little of the cream cheese mixture. Cut in the middle and enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Smoked Salmon Breakfast Wrap”
This sandwich would be perfect for my work lunch – looks delish! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
I like this… I’ve been using English muffins as I find bagels to be much to dense and too much carb at once for me to enjoy. I like the idea of including spinach.
Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.